Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekly Challenge 5/17 at ISC




This week weedsgalore has challenged us to make a vintage card. I'm actually intimidated by vintage, so this was a good challenge for me. I just received this paper from Karen (blog candy). I was going to stash it away and wait for Christmas as it is a SU Christmas Scrapbook Kit, but I couldn't!!!! I received the picture (which is actually a postcard) when I won antme's "Guess What I Lost" challenge. I attempted to ink the edges and swoop the ink in to add even more of a vintage look, but considering the surface of the postcard is very glossy, it didn't work as I had intended and you can't really see it on the pic. Please use your imagination a bit for this part ;). I also ink/distressed the edges of the red paper in an attmept to make it look aged. The PP is distressed with a tool from SU. I used the new VersaMark dazzling ink on the red and on the brown on the inside of the card. There is a pic of both the outside and the inside for you to see. TFL!!

2 comments:

  1. It looks great. the distressing is perfect. nice vintage card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather!! I am so blessed that you used this image and WOW what a great card!! I want to be YOU when I "grow up".... oh, thats right, you aren't grown up either! heeheehee..... I'm baaaaack!

    I've missed you!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Followers