Thursday, March 12, 2009

Birthday Cards











I made a masculine card and a feminine card with my new SU stamp sets. I received the beautiful dragonfly bling from my good friend Gayle!!
I'm not sure about the bird on the masculine one.....no matter what way I stamped it, it looked wrong. I guess I'll just have to practice. I was inspired by the SU catalog for this card.
The more feminine one was a bit outside the box for me. I don't think I have ever stamped images for my own pp and THEN ran them thru the CuttleBug. Also, I usually tend to put the ribbon closer to the sides of the cards. I must admit tho........I goofed up on the "congratulations" stamped image and then just covered it up with the same image on top of pop dots. I got this set for free from the Sale a Bration catalog!!! I really like it, very versitile!!! TFL!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the cards! Love the use of the cuttlebug . They both turned out great. I wouldn't have known that you goofed on the congratulations card if you hadn't mentioned it.And that dragonfly Gayle gave you is precious!
    I really like how the masculine card turned out. Nothing looks wrong about it to me. wonderful cards Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are both great!! The bird is perfect - you must just have looked at it for too long : ) because it looks just right to me.

    I love your Congratulations card too! You made a boo boo into a plus when you popped up "Congratulations" I really like it. There are lots of textures on this card making it both elegant and interesting!! Great job!! and I am GA GA!!! over the bling!! where did she get that?! wowie!

    TYFS Patti

    ReplyDelete

Followers